Help Desk Technician (Tier 1/2)
We are currently seeking a full time Help Desk Technician (Tier 1/2) to join our team. This position will be located out of our Paradise, NL office and will report to the Operations Manager.
The Help Desk Technician (Tier 1/2) is responsible for accepting service calls from clients and provide timely and effective resolutions to their issues. You will also be aware of the location and workloads of other In-Field service technicians and provide service ticket escalation to Tier 3 support as necessary.
Duties to Include:
• Work with service dispatchers to accept service tickets as required
• Assist to prioritize help desk tickets according to severity
• Attend a daily meeting with the technical team to analyze tickets and help distribute workloads accordingly
• Resolve end-user IT issues, such as password resets, account creations, software questions, PC hardware troubleshooting, internet connectivity, configurations, etc.
• Provide one-on-one support via telephone, e-mail, and remote access tools
• Troubleshooting and repairs of PC desktop hardware, printers and other peripherals, Diagnose and resolve network issues
• Participate in moves, adds, and changes to network and system access for end-users
• Assist with maintaining inventory, keeping warehouse & service bench tidy and organized.
• Receiving parts / orders in the warehouse
• Picking / packing orders and preparing them for the field service technicians to deploy
• Accurately log work orders/help desk tickets and resolutions into help desk software management system; maintain vigilant maintenance of this system
• Use help desk tickets to pinpoint trends and/or trouble spots in order to conduct proactive maintenance or repairs
• Always maintain a high degree of professionalism, courteousness, and friendliness
• Track and maintain software licenses
• Configure security settings or access permissions for group or individuals
• Document all work related matters into our Document Management System
Requirements & Qualifications
• Technology degree or diploma from an accredited College or University in Computer Support or related discipline which includes a minimum of 1-2 years work experience or equivalent.
• Microsoft Certification Professional Certification is preferred
• A+, Network+, Server+, Security+ Certification is preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft® Office®
Knowledge & Experience:
• Ability to communicate effectively over the phone to diagnose and escalate issues.
• Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple diverse tasks and deliverables
• Knowledge of helpdesk management tools
• Excellent communication skills (verbal/written)
• Flexible, independent and self-motivated
• Team player with ability to work under pressure
• Strong customer service mindset
Compensation to be negotiated based on skills and experience. If you feel you are the professional team player we are looking for, please submit your resume and cover letter to this job posting.
Expected Start Date: 2020-11-02
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent