Quick tips and tricks to get the office of your organizational dreams
Organizing your office may seem like a daunting task, how is one to organize the piles of papers and files that have turned into mountains? Your prayers have been answered!
This article will supply you with all the organizational hacks you’ll ever need to ensure your office stays in tip top shape, with a place for everything and everything in its place. It doesn’t have to be an uphill battle, you can clear away your clutter one step at a time. Instead of focusing on your whole office start with just a piece. Most standard offices have a desk, filing cabinet, and maybe a space for storage or a closet. Start with whatever task seems the least intimidating, be it clearing off your desk or reorganizing a drawer, a step towards organization is all you need to get started.
While you may feel like your cluttered desk is organized, maybe you think you know where everything is in the clutter, having a clear work space will help to rid your brain of unneeded thoughts and help you to have a more efficient workday. Which in turn will help you to excel at your given tasks, follows these quick tips on how to declutter your office and get on the path to a more organized life!
TO DO organization tips:
- Make a TO DO list: write a small list of things you want to get done by the end of the week, work to ensure you meet that goal each week.
- Get some small containers to organize office supplies such as paper clips, thumbtacks, stamps or pens
- Only keep items that are essential to your day on top of your desk
- When you’re finished working on a project, collect all the paperwork involved and file it away for future use instead of adding it to the pile on your desk
- File weekly: instead of letting files build up and add to the clutter over time, take a few minutes out of every Friday to file away the paperwork from the week so you can start fresh again on Monday.
- Have fun! Organization can be a pain and not necessarily something we want to deal with, but try to have some fun with it! Colour code things, add stickers, highlight EVERYTHING! A clean desk is a happy desk!