Lexmark wins 2017 Colour Printer/MFP Line of the Year from Buyers Lab
Lexmark was chosen by BLI analysts as the winner of the 2017 Colour Printer/MFP Line of the Year award for:
- Exceptional reliability, simple maintenance and high-yield supplies for minimal downtime
- Intuitive design, thanks to easy-to-navigate touch-screen control panels
- Consistently outstanding colour output
- Strong value proposition across its line, offering standout performances and feature sets for a low-to-competitive total cost of ownership
Lexmark is the clear winner in the Printer/MFP color space this year, offering an expansive portfolio of outstanding color printers and MFPs for small- workgroup to departmental environments—and everything in between. In fact, every Lexmark product tested in the past year went on to win a Pick award in its category.
“Lexmark’s devices gave a superb performance across its entire color line,” said Marlene Orr, BLI Director of Office Equipment Product Analysis. “From small workgroups to large enterprise environments, Lexmark’s impressive portfolio of color printers and MFPs has you covered. Lexmark can be counted on for highly reliable color devices that offer intuitive operation, impressive image quality and productivity, support for a wide array of mobile print methods and integration with workflow software that enhances secu- rity, simplifies business processes and lowers costs.”
Congratulations to Lexmark on winning BLI’s 2017 Color Printer/MFP Line of the Year!
Excellent Reliability from Start to Finish
The 10 Lexmark color devices lab tested over the past four years ran a cumulative total of 1,002,500 pages—with only six misfeeds recorded and no service required. “Throughout our exhaustive testing, Lexmark’s color products demonstrated outstanding reliability,” said BLI Senior Test Technician Tony Maceri. “This, plus the simple maintenance procedures and extra-high-yield supplies means users can expect less frequent interruptions.”
Lexmark’s color printers continue to impress with their reliability, value and quality
Lexmark Devices that Contributed to This Award:
- Lexmark X950de, Outstanding A3 Color MFP for Large Workgroups
- Lexmark C950de, Outstanding A3 Color Printer for Large Workgroups
- Lexmark CX820 Series, Outstanding Color MFP for Large Workgroups
- Lexmark CX825 Series, Outstanding Color MFP for Large Workgroups
- Lexmark CX860 Series, Outstanding Departmental Color MFP
- Lexmark CS820 Series, Outstanding Departmental Color Printer
- Lexmark CX725 Series, Outstanding Color MFP for SMBs
- Lexmark CS725 Series, Outstanding Color Printer for SMBs
- Lexmark CS510 Series, Outstanding A4 Color Printer for Small Workgroups
- Lexmark CX410 Series, BLI Recommended; Color MFP for Small Workgroups
A further testament to the robust design and reliability of the Lexmark color line, the Lexmark CX860 ran a total of one million impressions during extended testing and only experienced a total of four misfeeds. Adding these numbers to the volumes tested, Lexmark’s color line produced 1,810,000 impressions with 10 misfeeds. This means that, depending on the device, users would likely only experience a misfeed once every six months or so, based on real-world volumes.
Consistent, High-Quality Output
“Image quality was impressive and consistent,” said BLI’s Maceri. “Regardless of mode— print, copy, color, black—Lexmark proved it can be counted on to produce high-quality output, with bright colors and crisp text and lines.”
- Nine out of 10 models tested received Very Good or Excellent ratings for color and black print quality
- All six MFP models tested received Good or Very Good ratings for color and black copy quality
Intuitive Design and Fast Speeds for Maximum Productivity
Productivity isn’t just about the stopwatch. While fast speeds are important, they are just the beginning of BLI’s productivity assessment. Taking into account how easy it is to interact with and maintain the device plays a big role in productivity. And in all these areas, Lexmark’s color products deliver on that productivity promise.
“Lexmark’s color models in the CS/CX700 and CS/CX800 series deliver class-leading speeds but also boost worker productivity through unparalleled ease of use, thanks to their intuitive design and large customizable touchscreen interface. And because of the simple maintenance procedures and long-life consumables for reduced intervention rates, Lexmark users can work more efficiently,” said BLI’s Orr.
Flexible Mobility and Workflow Tools
“Printing on the go is easy and convenient thanks to support for numerous mobile print meth- ods, such as Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, a variety of mobile apps, and NFC/Wireless Direct, which allows users to print with a simple tap of their mobile device to the machine,” said BLI Printer/A4 MFP Editor Kaitlin Shaw.
Other productivity enhancing apps and onboard tools include…
- The ability to preview and print PDFs and Microsoft Office files from USB flash drives directly from the touchscreen panel
- Lexmark Forms and Favorites to let users quickly and easily print frequently used documents from network storage locations or content management applications via the touchscreen panel
- AccuRead OCR to turn hardcopy documents into searchable PDFs or editable Rich Text Format without the need for additional PC- or server-resident software
- Scan Center to scan and route a digital file to multiple destination types simultane- ously (email, network folders, FTP sites, fax machines, )
- Card Copy for one-touch copying of identification cards, which automatically enlarges content and prints both sides onto one side of a sheet of paper
Impressive Functionality for Less
“Because many of the models in Lexmark’s line incorporate the company’s Embedded Solutions Framework (eSF), workflow software can integrate with devices to help boost productivity and lower output costs,” said BLI Director of Office Workflow Solutions Analysis Jamie Bsales. “And strong security features and the Markvision Enterprise fleet management tool make these devices a welcome addition to the network.”
Other advanced features of Lexmark’s color portfolio include…
- High-end functionality available on the CX800 series, usually only found on more expensive copiers, including versatile media handling, robust scanning and fast speeds
- Lexmark’s well-organized touchscreen control panel, available on both single-function and multifunction devices